SEI CMM SCE Lead Evaluator Candidate
Program / Project / Process Improvement Manager
Marko Wolf-Pany is a Systems Engineer specializing in Software Engineering and Information Technology (IT) Program, Project, and Process Improvement Management. He has expertise in software development using standard Life Cycle (SDLC) Management in order to deliver reliable, maintainable, and portable software systems, within scope, time and budget. He has used standards based on the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) Capability Maturity Models (CMMs), the Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK), and the IEEE Software Engineering Standards.
He has extensive knowledge of software engineering methodologies and experience in the management of teams of professionals, including systems engineers, hardware engineers, communications engineers, software engineers, and computer scientists (including database experts). He is thoroughly familiar with the application of international systems and software engineering standards such as SEI CMMs, IEEE and DoD military specifications to software development, maintenance and to overall systems engineering management.
Marko Wolf-Pany is a Software Engineering Institute (SEI) Software Capability Evaluation (SCE) Lead Evaluator Candidate, and a Certified ISO 9000 Internal Auditor.
- Director, Software Engineering Management
- Program Manager – SEI CMM based Software Process Improvement (SPI) Programs
- Member of the company’s Baldrige National Quality Program Steering Council
- Process Improvement Management Consultant
- Director, Systems Engineering – Technical Authority responsible for all Information Technology (IT) Projects in Latin America
- Project Manager / Technical Manager, Land (Army) Software Engineering Centre (LSEC), Department of National Defence (DND); Member of the Software Engineering Process Group (SEPG)
- Project Leader and Senior Systems Analyst, National Energy Board
- Professor, Algonquin College, School of Technology
- Senior Systems Analyst, Administrative Systems, Health Protection Branch
- Chief and Systems Analyst, Compliance Research, Tax Model, & Operations Research, Revenue Canada
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), Ontario
- B.Eng. Honours, Electrical Engineering, Carleton University
- Software Engineering Institute (SEI) Software Capability Evaluation (SCE) Lead Evaluator Candidate
- Certified ISO 9000 Internal Auditor
- Professional Certification: Client / Server Systems; Inter-Networking; Local Area Networks (LANs); Wide Area Networks (WANs); Open Systems; and PC Service and Support
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Functional capability in French and German
SECRET level for over 18 years
CURRENT CMM PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Director, Software Engineering Management, OAO Technology Solutions, Inc. (OAOT), (www.oaot.com), a global provider of information technology and e-Business solutions. Managed the SEI SW-CMM based Software Process Improvement (SPI) Programs (defining and institutionalizing Software Project Management Best Practices) for Applications Development & Maintenance (ADM). He has also provided SPI consulting services to other organizational groups and external clients. He was instrumental in achieving SW-CMM Level 2 at the OAOT e-Business Solution Centres, in Moncton, NB, and in Toronto, ON.
Mr. Wolf-Pany was member of OAOT’s Baldrige National Quality Program Steering Council, a Senior Management Advisory Group reporting directly to the President of the company. The company received the 2001 Bronze level in the U.S. Senate Productivity and Quality Awards program, which honours organizations that make significant progress in quality and productivity improvement.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
Currently Marko is a Software Engineering Institute (SEI) Software Capability Evaluation (SCE) Lead Evaluator Candidate. He has successfully completed the SEI Certified Lead Evaluator Training Program for the SW-CMM, (“Introduction to the Capability Maturity Model”, for Software, v1.1; “Software Capability Evaluation (SCE) Training, Version 3.0”, (both conducted by Abacus Technology Corporation), and the “SEI Certified SCE Lead Evaluator Training”; conducted at the SEI at Carnegie Mellon University. He has also participated as a full member in two SEIrecognized SCEs, (one SW-CMM Level 3 and the other Level 4).
Mr Wolf-Pany received SEI CMM formal training with OAO Corporation (www.oao.com), Greenbelt, MD, and practical experience helping their Software Engineering Centre achieve SW-CMM Level 3 (1998) and Level 4 (2000).
Fully qualified to lead Software Process Improvement (SPI) Programs based on the SEI SW-CMM, Marko has only to Lead an SCE under the supervision of a fully Certified SCE Lead Evaluator in order to achieve the status of Lead Evaluator. Once completed, he will be fully Certified to Lead SCEs, one of only three Canadians in the field of sixty Lead Evaluators worldwide.
Mr. Wolf-Pany completed the “Introduction to Capability Maturity Model-Integrated (CMMI)” course – the new CMM from the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) in Toronto (April 2002), and the “Intermediate Concepts of Capability Maturity Model -Integrated (CMMI)” course at the University Quebec in Montreal (UQAM), (July 2002).
He holds an honours degree in Electrical Engineering from Carleton University, Ottawa. (1977)
Engineering Training at PHILIPS, Eindhoven, The Netherlands, in Computer Aided Design (CAD) of power supplies for oscilloscopes, (digital simulations of analogue systems).
He is currently pursuing Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI).
He has also obtained professional certification from Learning Tree International in the following six areas: Client / Server Systems; Inter-Networking; Local Area Networks (LANs); Wide Area Networks (WANs); Open Systems; and PC Service and Support; (30 courses). He completed the course work for professional certification from Learning Tree International in the following three areas: UNIX Systems; C and C++ Programming; and Software Development; (15 courses). (1994)